TEN (10) DAYS: SERENGETI - SAFARI + 3 DAYS DONKEY SUPPORTED HIKE
PARKS VISITED / PROGRAM
Tarangire National Park
Serengeti National Park
Lake Manyara National Park
Ol Doinyo Lengai
Embakai & Olomoti Crater
Day 01: Drive to Tarangire National Park famous for its Baobab trees and large herds of Elephants. Camp in a well appointed campsite just outside the park gate.
Day 02: Lake Manyara National Park lies between the escarpment of the Great Rift Valley and the Soda Lake from which the park gets it name.
• Famous for its tree climbing lions.
• We spend a full day here.
• Camp tonight is just outside the park in Mto Wa Mbu (Mosquito Creek).
Day 03: Serengeti National Park is our destination today, en-route we stop at Oldupai Gorge to visit the 'Cradle Of Mankind'
• We shall pass through the Ngorongoro Conservation Area on our way to the entrance at Nabbi Gate and make our way across the short grass plains to our campsite in the heart of the Serengeti not far from the Seronera river, and arrive in time to set up our tents and enjoy our evening meal to the sounds of the African night.
Day 04: Serengeti National Park - A full days game driving, in this the most famous of all animal sanctuary
• However we too shall take a tip from the wildlife and take a break from the midday heat and return to our camp to take lunch and to relax.
• After lunch game driving until dusk, when we return to camp in the midst of the African wildlife.
• Option of a Serengeti Balloon Safaris
Day 05: Serengeti National Park at dawn we take full advantage of our last morning in Serengeti,
• heading for Nabbi Gate once again we take the opportunity to look at some of the spectacular rock formations called "Kopjes" (Inselbergen).
• En-route we stop at Oldupai Gorge to visit the 'Cradle Of Mankind',
• after which we continue to our campsite on the rim of Ngorongoro Crater (2,300m). It can sometime be a little chilly!
Day 06: Ngorongoro Crater, a world heritage, site we spend the maximum of six hours allowed game driving in this the worlds largest caldera (collapsed volcano).
• We camp tonight just outside the Conservation Area in Karatu village ( Kudu Camp ).
Day 07: Early morning drive to Ngorongoro - start of Embakai - Lake Natron hike.
• This is a hike of 3 days accompanied by a Massai (English speaking guide) and our cook supported only by donkeys to carry camp.
• Passing through breathtaking scenery and smaller craters.
• Drive to the start of the hike area the village of "Bulati" between Empakai crater & Lolmalasin mountains, here you will meet your guide.
Day 08: Hike down into the Empakai crater and then start your way down the Great Rift valley escarpment to camp just past the Massai village of Nayobi, spectacluar views of Lake Natron and Ol Doinyo Lengai spread out before you from this very special camp
Day 09: Hike down into the valley at the base of the Swala escarpment where you will be met by our vehicle and taken to the camp at the Engareso river at Lake Natron choice of cold shower or river which runs alongside the camp.
• Visit to the hidden waterfalls camp.
• Massai village visit - rest and
• midnight climb the active volcano Ol Doinyo Lengai start at middnight and...
Day 10: Descent around lunch. Drive to Arusha where you arrive late afternoon. On arrival you will be dropped back at your hotel.
• On our way back to Arusha we will have sample time to stop and buy some of the Makonde carving for which Tanzania is so famous.
• Also for those who wish a chance to stop at Mesarani Snake Park, to see the snakes that are normally difficult to see in the wild due to their natural shyness.
NB: STEEP CLIMB, ONE SHOULD BE REASONABLY FIT AND NOT WORRIED ABOUT HIGHTS
Free airport transfers in Nairobi
Transport while on safari - with open roof safari van
All park entrance fees and government levies
Full board accommodation in campsites/lodges -double room sharing
3 Meals per day while on safari- vegetarian & non vegetarian
English speaking professional driver guides
Bottled mineral water - 1 litre per person per day
Exclusive / Extras:
Expenses of personal a nature,
Sodas and alcoholic drinks
Laundry services, sleeping bags
Optional travel insurance
Health requirements (you are entering a Malaria area).
Also excluded is accommodation in Nairobi - can be arranged on request.